Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday morning update on nothing at all

It's a dreary day here in the Lou, low cloud ceiling, a bit of a chill in the air (and yet, still disgustingly humid)...not your typical June day.

I'm battling a headache this a.m. I've discovered that as I grow older, my body becomes more and more finely attuned to the weather. Why is that? Atmospheric pressure changes bring on headaches pretty quick. Since when did my head become a barometer?

You know, when we're kids, we feel nothing bad. We could play in the snow, or the summer heat, for hours, only coming in when it was getting dark and we had to. I don't remember feeling much pain as a kid, which I suppose is a good thing. Now it hurts just to get out of bed sometimes. Getting older stinks physically, but I sure do cherish the memories of my past years, and the wisdom that comes with each birthday. I guess my goal should be to try to keep my body in the best physical shape I can, which would help with those daily aches and pains, but I gotta admit, eating brownies is much more fun!

I've got a slow work week, which is welcome after the craziness of last week leading up to Friday night's event. The spa has settled back down to its calm, relaxing atmosphere for me again. I'll get my mug of green tea, clean off my desk, and settle into my weekly tasks.

Am considering joining Toastmasters to get over my fear of public speaking. Anyone know anything about it? I actually did okay in front of our two groups of 50+ women Friday night, so maybe I'm getting the hang of it. M says if I do it enough, I'll get over it. Easy for him to say, he's excellent at presenting and actually enjoys it. I do not enjoy feeling hot, turning red, shaking like a leaf, and stumbling over my words. I do not enjoy that at all.

Quote of the Day: Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home