Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What about Bob?

We have lost Bob. Sigh. I'm more upset than Zozo, I think. Actually, I know that I am. I know this because she is still a very happy little baby who squeals and coos and giggles, and I'm an emotional wreck. I have already stopped at Shop 'n Save to check with their lost and found, and have Target's contact info pulled up in my browser so I can call them the minute they open at 8 a.m. I also have to call CompUSA and Wal-Mart, but I'm pretty sure we had him when we left Wal-Mart Sunday morning. I'm thinking we lost him somewhere between CompUSA and Target, or some other kid discovered him at Shop 'n Save and adopted him.

Bob is important to me. He's been there from the beginning, you know? Bob was there for the late night/early morning feedings. Bob was there the first time we left the house with our newborn. Bob has been on walks, and Bob has been to just about every retail establishment, and most restaurants, with our family. Bob is a holy octopus, faithfully attending mass every weekend.

Zozo loves Bob, because Bob makes her laugh. Bob's hair (who knew octopi have hair?!) would tickle her face, and Bob's clicky starfish mesmerized her. Bob even has a mirror on one arm, and a chewy seahorse, and two rings that make him easy to fling around. Bob has some crinkly tenticles that make all kinds of fun noise, and best of all, Bob's head squeaks.

Bob is a pretty darn cool octopus, and I hope we find him. If you see him, please let him know that we love him and we just want him to come home. And if someone out there has him, please, please just give him back. Zoe's Mommy needs him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home