Saturday, June 10, 2006

Gratitude

Today, more than anything, I am thankful.

We had a big event at the spa last night, and it went really well. Which is good considering I was responsible for it. So, during the course of the evenng, I was thankful for many different things. I was thankful for the coworkers who pitched in with smiles and laughs to help get the job done. I was thankful that I was motivated to work my ass off, unlike several other corworkers who did everything they could to avoid lifting a finger. I'd much rather be the motivated type than the lazyass type. I was thankful that my feet were killing me by the end of the evening, because that meant that a.) I did my job and b.) I am relatively healthy and able to do my job.

On the way home, I got to see an amazing sunset. Thanks, God. It was a nice cap to a hectic day.

After arriving home, dog tired, I ate at Mom and Dad Z's, and I'm so thankful for them and all they do for us. They had an awesome dinner practically waiting for me, which was very much enjoyed and appreciated.

Back home, where I changed a poopie diaper (thankful for the opportunity to change poopie diapers every day), emptied the dishwasher (thankful I don't have to handwash my dishes), did a couple of loads of laundry (thankful for my kickass washer and dryer, and my decent-size utility room that all combine to make laundry easy), wrapped some gifts (thankful for the friends and loved ones who have wonderful things to celebrate this weekend, and who are inviting us to share it with them), and sorted the mail (thankful that I have money in the bank to pay the bills). I repackaged a shipment from Amazon that arrived broken (second time), and managed to stay thankful for the ease with which I can return things to Amazon.

Today, I am thankful that we all woke up healthy and happy and together. Zozo enjoyed her breakfast and M made us waffles, and now we're all doing our own little things, but together. I am thankful that despite a family crisis, Grammy and Papa and Aunt Katie all still want to babysit Zozo tonight. I am thankful that right now they are all at the hospital with Grandma G, who needs them.

There are so many things wrong with the world today, and yet, at the same time, there are so many things right.

Getting ready to work on some images that have been building up in the D100. They should go up today...hopefully in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home