Monday, June 05, 2006

Hi, I'm Siskel. Or Ebert. Whichever one isn't dead.

So we started watching The Aviator last night. Knew Howard Hughes was a bit freaky, but jeez. This guy was a real nutcase. His mom screwed him up fine, with the whole germaphobia thing. I know there is a scientific word for that, and I'm sure it's not germaphobia, but I'm too lazy to Google it right now. So, great, now I'm all worried that I'll turn Zoe into a terrified weirdo who can barely function in the world. Oh, wait, I hate to clean...so there's virtually no fear of turning her into a germaphobe. Looks like I'll just have to find another way to mess with her.

We've been on a string of ultra-serious movies lately, and it's totally bumming me out. We watched Clear and Present Danger, then We Were Soldiers, then Hanging Up, and now we're in the midst of The Aviator. Didn't realize that last one was 10 minutes short of three hours, so we're having to break it up over two nights. Anyway, hardly any chuckles in any of those, so I'm getting pretty bummed. Feel like I need to pop in my Stooges DVD for 10 minutes just to pick things back up.

To top it all off, I thought Hanging Up was a comedy, only to find out that no, it's not, it's a movie that totally makes the viewer question familial relationships and see just how much a parent can screw up a child. There's nothing worse than expecting one thing out of a movie and not only not getting it, but getting something that's diametrically opposite of what you expected. And the ending was trite and boring to boot.

Notice there's a theme here with these movies: look how much damage parents can inflict on their children. Or maybe most movies have that theme, and I'm just now noticing it because I'm now a parent. So, for future reference, I would just like to apologize now for any idiosyncrasies I cause in my darling daughter.

Weekend was pretty good...not much of anything, really, which is what made it good. I got to take two naps! I think the world would be a much happier place if we all got to take naps every afternoon.

I purchased an Epson PictureMate printer at CompUSA yesterday, only to come home and find that I can save $40 if I order it from Amazon. Needless to say, the CompUSA printer will be returned post-haste. I know what ya'all are thinking: "Amy, why on earth do you need another photo printer? Don't you have a giganto photo printer already?" And the answer is this: To get everyone off my back for photographs of Zoe. Firing up the 2200 to make one print is not worth it, so I rarely do it. Plus the inks are freakin' expensive. I have to blow out the print heads, which wastes a ton of FE (freakin' expensive) ink, and use a freakin' 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper for a 4"x6" print. The PictureMate spits out borderless 4"x6" prints in a little over a minute, from either the computer or the card directly, at the lovely cost of approximately $.21 per print. The PictureMate ships from Amazon "usually in 24 hours," so hopefully we'll be able to start printing photographs by the end of the week. The 2200 shall be saved for larger prints, and those "artsy" ones I do.

Here are some "old" images of Zoe, so I can remember how she was before I made her crazy. (Can ya tell I'm in a bit of a funk? Can ya? It's those movies, dammit!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home