Tuesday, February 12, 2013

woof

43:365

The librarian brought her pugs to work today for the junior school's annual dog party. They are adorable.

At least once a day, usually more, I see or hear something at work that makes me smile. I laugh every single day. Today I worked from 8 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. and I didn't mind a bit. I have worked many evenings and weekends, and it doesn't matter because I can do things like leave at 2:15 tomorrow afternoon to run a Girl Scout meeting.

It is a good place to be. It is the right place for me. A year ago, I was starting to look for a new job. Tired of the travel and the instability, I wanted something solid that allowed me to stay home and watch my daughter grow up. I have no desire to climb the corporate ladder, but I do want to make a difference. I want fair compensation for a hard day's work, and I want to be not too exhausted at the end of the day. I got all that and more. And today I got pugs in the library!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home