Monday, February 11, 2013

road

42:365

Some days the road seems longer than others.

Cabinets delivered to the house today, and some installed in the kitchen. Big milestones like these make me happy. And make me feel as though it's just around the corner. It's right there...so close I can almost touch it.

And then I return to the Winter Bungalow and watch as M is buried in an avalanche of crap just trying to get one thing out of the world's smallest linen closet. And I heave a sigh and the road feels long again.

We have been having this discussion lately:

"We need to put things AWAY."
"There is no away. We're all out of away."
"Well, we can't just give up."
"I did. I gave up. 1800 sq ft of stuff in 900 sq ft means I gave up a long time ago."

I'm so looking forward to having away again. People ask, "What's your favorite part of the new house?" They expect I will say the clerestory, or the distinctive brick, or the extra wide halls and doors, or the main floor laundry or the great room. All those things are wonderful, but the best part will be having the away again.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

Oh, how I long for the away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home