Wednesday, April 01, 2009

You, too, should buy U2

Even though it's April Fools Day, I've decided to not try to trick anyone this year since I scared the hell out of too many people last year. I'll just say, in my best Mr. T voice (which isn't very good, actually), "Happy Fools Day, Fool!" Where is Mr. T these days, anyway?

I would now like to take this opportunity to whole-heartedly endorse the new U2 album, "No Line on the Horizon," which totally rocks. I stumbled upon a copy at Sam's last weekend, snatched it up, and peppered M with pleas to get it.

M: We haven't even heard a single track off it yet.
A: Doesn't matter. It's U2. It's gonna be good.

He caved, which wasn't surprising since he's been a U2 fan longer than I have, and we popped it in the CD player on the way home. I was right. My boys from Dublin do not disappoint. Especially the title track. Dontcha just love bands like that? Where you can buy the new album totally confident that you will enjoy it? U2 has been around for a bazillion years and we both adore them, so it's not like we were taking a huge risk.

My current goal (since I don't have enough of those right now) is to figure out how to get the album loaded into iTunes on the Mac, since my CD drive has shot craps. This is imperative since we're going on vacation in less than 8 weeks (yay!) and will be taking the iPod for our train trip. Cannot leave the new music behind. Well, we could, but then M would be forced to listen to me singing to the music in my head, which wouldn't be good for his sanity since he's going to be stuck on a train with me for five days.

So that's my new music recommendation today. Buy U2's "No Line on the Horizon." It's fantastic, and that's no foolin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home