Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Illicit Collusion

I'm pleased to report that, so far anyway, the term is going swimmingly. Tons of work, but not so much that we can't keep up easily. In fact, it looks like we're getting ourselves a bit ahead, which is good because M's out of town next week for a business trip and won't have as much time to devote to studying.

In reviewing some of the requirements for the courses last night, M came across this phrase from our economics prof in regards to our homework assignments: "I will view the hint of an academic dialog taking place outside the forum between students as indicating illicit collusion."

Ooooooo.

So, of course, you know, "illicit collusion" has become the catchphrase around our house. You can imagine how it's been used...I don't think I need to go there.

Needless to say, we do take this very seriously and are diligently working independently on our respective assignments. It's just very odd, since we've always bounced ideas off each other and worked on things together (always with the instructor's blessing, I might add). Last night we each pulled a, "Can I ask you a general question that doesn't involve actually discussing the answer of the question but more just confirms the point of the question?" Is that illicit collusion? I think not, but who knows. I just hope there's no hint of it, or we're automatically considered guilty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home