Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dance Fever

A blogger milestone for yours truly: this is my 500th post.

Here's the thing about watching music videos while you work out at the gym. Say, for instance, the new Jennifer Lopez video comes on while you're on the treadmill. It's got a catchy beat, and so you start digging the song, which makes you run faster. This is good, but you have to remember to up the speed of the treadmill or you find yourself running into the heartbeat monitor bar on the treadmill, thereby looking like a giant dork. I know this from experience.

The other issue is that J.Lo can dance, and dance well, which makes you want to dance. Preferably not on the treadmill, which would be not only embarrassing, but just asking for injury. However, watching someone dance to a great tune really can inspire you to dance. Especially if you happen to know that you can keep a pretty good beat and that you, too, used to be able to dance like that once upon a time. When you were in high school, had 5% body fat, and were athletically inclined.

It's funny how the mind doesn't age quite in time with the body. Because in my mind, I'm thinking, "Damn, that looks cool. I bet I could get those moves down, with a little practice." My body, however, is going, "Oh hellllll no. What are you thinkin'?"

So I've had this song running through my head all day, and every once in awhile I feel like bustin' a move, and then I remember that no, I'm not Jennifer Lopez, and I don't dance like that anymore. Ever. Which is sorta depressing. But part of me wants to go home and, after putting Zoe to bed, just try it out.

I think I'd sprain something, though, so I won't. That you know of, anyway.

Best wishes to Shawn and his newly-repaired ACL. He claims he tore it going after a foul ball at Busch Stadium. Personally, I think he was trying to dance like J.Lo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home