Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Calling Daddy

I'm feeling kind of sad today, and a bit lonely. Could be that my hub is in Vegas and not due to return until Thursday. Could be that my BFF is quite busy and doesn't have time to talk. Or it could be gas. Who knows?

Zozo and I are having quite the Girls Week without Daddy. We are having a blast, hanging out, doing things together. She's at the stage where she's "helping" quite a bit, which is great, and makes me feel even closer to her.

Last night, she picked up her pink Polly Pockets cell phone, opened it, dialed, and held the phone up to her ear. I asked, "Are you calling someone?" She answered, "Uh huh." "Whom are you calling?" "Dad." I think I almost fell over.

She's adding to her vocabulary daily now, having decided, apparently, to start talking. We currently stand at:
Mommy
Daddy
Bob
Papa
Bridge
Light
Google
Home
Eye (or I)
Seat
Various animal sounds (hoo hooo, roar, eee eee eee (that's the monkey), auwa (that's our cat))

Plus she's been known to say:
Purple
Blue
Bow
Bye bye
Gram

These don't include those words she has in her very own language, which include unintelligible sounds for "I want to go outside," "moon," and "pick me up!"

Many thanks go out to the grandparents, who are all working diligently with her to develop her vocabulary. Even though they've all got a stake in getting her to say "Grandpa" or "Grandma."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home