Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Still no news...which is not a bad thing, really

It's a great feeling when you realize that you can effect change. That your efforts can make a difference, and that you can lead people, lead a company, towards greater profitability and a good environment for people to come to work.

I recently hit that after two years here at the spa, and 11 years in the workforce. It's like I'm finally, finally, hitting my stride. This extends into my personal life, too, and literally. I did my hour of cardio this morning, my usual 30 minutes on the elliptical (up to resistance level 7...yeah!) and then 30 on the treadmill. Only this time I ran for 20. Normally I just scoot along at a brisk pace.

So, all is good, but quite boring, as evidenced by no post yesterday. Weekend was relatively uneventful...balloon glow Friday night, ballgame Sunday afternoon complete with pictures of Zoe with Fredbird and the World Series Trophy (turns out the girl loves Tiffany & Co. already, since she tried like hell to grab one of the little shiny flags on the trophy) and shots from her last Run the Bases of the season. Nope, don't have 'em downloaded yet. Maybe tonight. M spent most of the weekend playing in the dirt, getting ready for the concrete guys who are coming Friday to pour the pad for the outbuilding guys who are coming mid-October.

I really should get some pictures up here, since I don't hardly have anything to write about these days. Sigh. In the meantime, I'll send you along to the site of my most favorite photographer in the whole entire world. He rocks the house. I love love love his peppers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home