Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bye Bye Sippy Cup

Well, we went to Sippy Cup School last night and Zozo's therapist determined that we should just bypass the entire sippy cup stage and move on to straws. I said, "I tried that, she doesn't know to suck yet from a straw so it didn't work." Enter CapriSun. (Freakin' huge kudos to Amy G. for calling that one weeks ago.) With the CapriSun pouches, you can squeeze the liquid up through the straw into her mouth. She latched on like there was no tomorrow and started drinking the juice like mad, even coming back for more.

I asked the therapist, "What happens when we get home and try this with milk and she doesn't want it?" She said, "I don't know. Call me." Doesn't instill a lot of confidence, along with her assertation that, "I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I've never had a child who wouldn't drink before. Eating, now I've dealt with that. But never drinking."

Got home last night and, of course, Zozo wanted no liquid. No milk. No CapriSun. Nothin' doin'. We both chalked it up to a big day and it was getting late and she was tired and kind of fussy. M just talked to Grandma and while Zozo pointed to the CapriSun at breakfast, she pushed it away, sippy-cup-style, when Grandma put it up to her mouth. Time to play hardball again, and squeeze it in her mouth.

Sigh. Whodathunk this would be our most challenging issue to date?!

M is calling the therapist after lunch, when we have another session under our belts. Stay tuned. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home