Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I have arrived.

Well, it's finally happened. It was only a matter of time, really. I mean, with getting one so close to work and all, and not having to go out of my way and then decide which was less busy or had easier egress patterns for traffic...

I am now a regular at "my" Starbucks.

How do I know this, you ask? Well, because I stopped there this morning and ordered my coffee, as usual (repeat it with me people, "Decaf grande non-fat no-whip mocha, please!") and my cashier girly took my order, as usual, and then swiped my Discover (cashback bonus for drinking Starbucks...sweet!) and I wandered over to the community bulletin board, as I usually do, to see what's posted. Within moments my beverage was ready, and the barrista called out, "Mocha for Amy!" I replied with my usual cheery "Thanks!" because anyone who serves me a mocha gets a giant grin, and as I slipped my sleeve over the cup and turned to go it hit me: the cashier hadn't asked for my name when I placed my order. She knew it. Wow.

How freakin' cool is that?!

Or, if you're M, a little scary, because now it's blazingly apparent just how much I go in there.

I think it's the spa t-shirt I always have on when I go in there. I think that's what is identifying me. But let's go with "sparkling wit, gorgeous face and bangin' body" instead, because that sounds better.

My goal is to get to the point where they see me pulling in and automatically start making my mocha. $3.50 on the Discover and I'm outta there in seconds flat. Like a coffee pit-stop.

I tried to find a picture of my cute little Starbucks to post here (it's a free-standing little building that is absolutely adorable), but the Web site doesn't have pictures of their locations. Instead, I found a very cool initiative called "Read for the Record." M and I read to Zozo every night before bed, and she loves it. Her favorite book is called Give Me Grace by Cynthia Rylant, and it's awesome. So, anyway, if you have a little kid, or know a little kid, or just love to read, check it out and see how you can participate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home