Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Doodle doodle doodle

I keep waiting to post, hoping something exciting will happen that I can share, but alas. Life is just pretty basic and boring right now. Which I suppose is a good thing, as it would be pretty hard to be on a roller coaster 24/7/365.

Beano started school this week. Yay! Congratulations and kudos to her for going back. It's tough to do, but I know she can pull it off. She's a fighter, that one, and she'll do just fine.

Today Peggy brought me in a large Ziploc full of oregano, large leaf basil and red basil. My desk smells like a garden, and now I want to go home and make more spaghetti sauce.

Tonight is Walk Night with Doodle. We've been going for loooong walks, just through the neighborhoods around our house. Most of the homes are larger than ours, so it's nice to daydream as we perambulate through. There is one house in particular that I'm absolutely in love with. It's big, but not gigantic. It has the most adorable little pool house/guest house in the back yard (very large lot, obviously). I know, I know, it would be just another house to keep clean, but wouldn't it be cool to have a guest house? And wouldn't it be cool for your guests to have their own place?!

So, that's what we do. We walk (she rolls, actually) and we look around and daydream and wonder about the people who live in houses like that.

It's gorgeous outside. I tore myself away from my desk a bit ago just to get a breath of fresh air, and had to force myself to come back inside. Working on an industry award application, and I feel like I've been staring at my monitor for days now. I am really looking forward to getting outside later for our walk. After our walk we'll come back and Doodle can swing. We have pix of her in her swing, but I've been a rotten mum and haven't downloaded them into the Mac yet.

Well, I better get back to my application. Can't spend all day blogging about nothing, you know. Although I do consider this my "smoke break," only healthier. At least it doesn't come with a surgeon general's warning.

I just realized that I referred to my child as "Doodle" in this post, and that previously I've called her "The Bug." As you all know, we called her Doodlebug before she was born, so as to avoid saying "it" or "the baby" all the time, and to avoid giving away our ideas of baby names. Well, even though we gave her the lovely moniker Zoe Grace, we still call her Doodlebug, although now it's morphed, as it always seems to do at our house, into a million different nicknames. For instance:
The Bug
Doodle
Doodleness
Air Doodleness (you'll have to ask M about that one; I have no idea where he got it)
Doodlina
All Her Doodley Goodness
Senorita Doodlina (Spanish)
Madamoiselle Doodelle (French)
Fraulein Doodleberg (German)
Doodlus Buggus (Latin, of course)
Zozo
Zomonster
Zo-z
Darling Girl
The Little Girl
Doodlekins

Poor girl...she's not going to know what to call herself when she gets older.

Have you ever written a word so many times that it starts to look weird to you? "Doodle" now looks very odd.

I'm also getting a nagging feeling that I've posted something like this before, but I haven't the time or the inclination to go back and read all the drivel from my prior musings. Many apologies if this is a repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home