Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Divisible By Eleven

Today is my birthday. Today is my birthday! Today is my birthday?

Beautiful cards from M and Zozo this morning, and lots of cheery birthday wishes from Mom and Dad Z. A birthday call from (brother)(uncle) Steve as I was pulling in to Starbucks, complete with song. Steve always makes me laugh at myself, which is a very good thing. Once in Starbucks, I treated myself to a mocha, of course, but I plussed it due to the birthday status: decaf VENTI (instead of grande) non-fat WITH WHIP (instead of no whip) mocha. Ha!

Came in to a giant flower balloon hanging out about four feet above my desk, clipped to a little bag that contained a little box that contained a gorgeous new necklace with matching earrings. Am guessing due to the smiley face on the bag and the flower balloon that these are from Dad and Judy. Another clue was the fact that the necklace and earrings are absolutely beautiful, and that usually means Jude. She has fantastic taste in jewelry (lucky me!). I'm already wearing them, of course.

Opened my e-mail box to discover e-birthday greetings from Dad and Judy (again! they are everywhere!), my sister, and my Aunt Teresa. Beano sent me a hilarious e-card that totally cracked me up...it is perfect for us! While viewing my e-card Mom called on my cell and sang an equally hilarious rendition of "Happy Birthday" complete with off-key notes, out of whack pitches, and cracked high notes. She reminded me that thirty three years ago right now she was in excrutiating pain, but that I was worth it. Awwww. Thanks for having me, Mom!

Man, the rest of the day is gonna be a major bummer after this morning!

Last night Zozo and I went for a walk. We walked and walked and walked. Well, I walked. She rolled. You know what I mean. We walked about two miles. The weather was beautiful and we had a lovely time. M went to Sam's and got gas, yogurt, fruit, etc. I think I got the better end of the deal with that one. I'd rather walk with Zozo than go grocery shopping at Sam's. Thanks to M for giving me that time with The Little Girl.

Well, now that I'm basking in the glow of birthday attention and adulation, I should probably get to work. They're actually paying me to be here today, you know, so I should try to be somewhat productive.

P.S. the title of this post is courtesy of Stef, who used the whole "Today I'm divisible by eleven!" concept a couple weeks ago on her own 33rd birthday. It's very witty and makes people think, and I'm unabashedly stealing it and using it on my own 33rd birthday. I can do that because a.) she's my best friend and best friends can always steal witticisms from each other, as long as proper credit is given and b.) she's out of town, so what's she gonna do about it?

P.P.S. Many, many thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to Cloyd today, as he starts his first round of chemo this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home