Thursday, August 10, 2006

Soooo Taguchi!

Had a little happy hour with some folks from work last night...very fun. Wish it could've lasted a bit longer, as I don't get out to happy hours much any more, but I'm glad I got what I got. Came home and finished printing the invites, which went blissfully smooth, thankfully. This morning, though, I decided that the 11 from the end of the last print cartridge have too many lines in them and that I should reprint those. So that's what I'm doing right now. Reprinting.

Not a whole lot in store today. Just more of the usual. Going to lunch with my Brentwood GM, which is usually okay. We're not best of friends or anything like that, nor do we have anything (at all) in common, but both of us are making an effort to get to know one another better and have a good working relationship, so I guess we do have something in common after all.

My Customer training feedback is going well. I consistently get fairly high marks from my peers, which is gratifying, but that old competitive student in me is coming out, and I'd know I'd be happier with A+ across the board, instead of A, A- and B+. P told me again that I have to sloooooow down my rate of speech, and listen more. I know I need to work on listening...I've never been a good listener. I'm always two or three steps ahead of whoever is talking to me, trying to solve their problem before they're done telling me what it is. I can't tell you how many times M has had to tell me, "Stop! Listen to me!" So that's my big goal...stopping and listening. As those of you who know me well can see, this is going to be a whopper of a goal seeing as how I'm just a bit of a talker.

M has been working his tushy off downstairs, bless his heart. It's about ready to go for the party now. Well, except for the ton of crap we're hauling to Beano and Shawntay's house for a garage sale. Beano is planning a sale for this fall, so it'll be at least a two-family sale. M is already planning to bring beer and doughnuts. Should be a fun time.

Congratulations to Shawn on his new job! Yay! We're so happy for you! We're sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt...God bless your family for all the tragedy it has seen recently. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Cloyd is going to Siteman for his first visit today, where they should map out his treatment plan. Everyone keep praying for him and Joann. This is a big day, and hopefully the beginning of his journey to recovery!

That's about it from the Z House.

Oh, wait, token cute Zozo story:
She now does "How big is Zoe? Sooooo big!" on command, lifting her little arms above her little head and just beaming. Sunday at the Cardinals game, we created a new game for her. We ask, "How big is Zoe?" and when she lifts her arms we say, "Soooo Taguchi!" She seems pleased, as she's quite a big Cardinals fan already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home