Friday, July 21, 2006

Yes, we have no power...we have no power today...

FYI: the title is to be sung to the tune of "Yes, we have no bananas."

Well, here I am, blogging away on Uncle Milt's computer at Grandma Frank's house. Yes, I'm a multi-location blogger. Not by choice, mind you. It's by necessity at this point. Ya'all ought to be extremely grateful I'm getting anything at all out there. Wait a sec...I think none of you have power either, so posting anything is probably pretty fruitless.

We lost power at the spa this afternoon, forcing us to close early. I ran home to pick up a few things and took advantage of the light and being able to actually see there, so I folded three loads of laundry and put it all away, and made our bed. It doesn't sound like much, but it's amazing how much better a bedroom looks when the bed is cleared off and made. I don't feel quite so displaced now, even though this will be the second night I don't actually sleep in my own bed.

Many, many, many thanks to Dad and Judy for boarding the feline children for us. I don't know what we'd do without you! And I know you're not just providing a cool place for them to stay...I know you're going down and petting them and loving on them, and for that I'm so grateful. Heck, they're probably getting more attention from you now than they've gotten from us since Zozo was born. They're in hog heaven, and probably won't want to come back home with us!

Peg, Mitch and their kitties are now at a Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. "Only $25 a day for the cats!" Peg was sold. We had a hilarious conversation this morning concerning who gets their power back when. We agreed that we will probably be among the last to have power restored and then Peg asked, "You know why, don't you?" Having no clue, I asked why. She replied, in all seriousness, "Well, because we don't go out and kill people!" I thought I was gonna die laughing. Her theory is that "our" kind of people find friends or family to stay with, or get a hotel room. "Those" other people go crazy in the heat and start shooting each other. "They're hot, they have no food and no place to go. What else are they going to do? Why do you think the National Guard is in St. Louis?" I haven't heard of riots and looting breaking out yet, but I guess we're on the brink of mayhem.

Well, I think I hear Uncle Milt baby-talking to Zo, so I better go up. She needs a bath tonight before her ba-ba. I'll try to post more tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home