Thursday, July 13, 2006

Not much. You?

I've been chastised by my loving sister to "update the damn blog," so here I am. Sorry for no post today. I had the after-event craziness at work to contend with. That craziness is the result of pushing everything that doesn't pertain to the event at hand to the back burner, thereby resulting in lots of scorching of deadlines and burning of projects. Smoke alarms go off, firefighters are summoned...it's not pretty. The day after the event, which should be spent basking in the glory of the event and gathering commendations and congratulations from adulating coworkers, is instead spent scurrying 'round, trying to catch back up and get the rest of the marketing train back on track from the major derailment. Oh dear me, now I'm mixing metaphors. It's been a long couple of days.

Home alone with Zo tonight. M's at the game with his dad. I donated my ticket to this father-son bonding so I could do a little mother-daughter bonding of my own. Zozo and I played, and then we got fussy, so one of us went down for a nap while the other watched a movie. I made sure it was rated G before I turned in. Just kidding, of course.

I should be reading one of my "career books," but I decided to take an evening off and just have some brain candy. Watched a lovely little romantic comedy called "Serendipity" with Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack. Anything with John Cusack is good, in my humble opinion. The guy is just adorable. Has been ever since his portrayal of Lloyd Dobler in "Say Anything."

Cloyd News: He was released from the hospital today, and Aunt Jo had a mile-wide grin. It'll be great for both of them to get to be in their own home. Rumor has it that he'll start chemo in a couple of weeks. I know that's supposed to be pretty rough going, so everyone keep on praying.

In other news...well, there is no other news. Sorry to be so boring, and to not have much to post. Normally I pride myself in being witty or sarcastic or at least mildly entertaining, but I think I'm doing well just to be able to type at a reasonably fast pace at this point.

Ooooo, thunder. (It just cracked, for those of you without speakers. Just kidding. You couldn't really hear it even if you have speakers. You just had to be here.) I love storms. But I also fear them simply because if we should lose power right now (and we tend to lose power a lot, although it's been better recently for some unknown reason...thank you elves at Ameren) I would lose everything I've typed thus far, and so the day would probably pass with no post at all. And heaven knows I wouldn't be able to recreate this literary masterpiece tomorrow, after I've actually gotten some sleep.

So, rather than tempt the power gods and keep working on-line, I'll close out and go get Zozo and feed her the nite-nite ba-ba and snuggle and smell her beautiful little head and get my "fix." Hope to be able to post some images this weekend, so stay tuned. I promise these posts will get better...they have to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home