Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Green tea is good (as opposed to blue tea?)

So I talked to Beano for over an hour last night on the phone, and it wasn't until well after we had ended our conversation that I realized I hadn't expressed my condolences to Shawn for losing his uncle Bill. I hate it when I'm a putz. Beans: tell Shawn I'm very sorry for his loss and if there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Other than gabbing with Beans, I started reading a new book ("Professionally Speaking," which will hopefully help with, well, speaking professionally...what a novel concept) and vacuumed and played with Doodle.

M was outside most of the night, working on the stands for the Arena seats. I believe he's got about a bajillion hours put in on them now, which is quite ridiculous considering they are just small metal bits that hold up a few seats. It's evolved into the Project From Hell, as Dad Z put it, though, so I shouldn't be surprised it's taking this long. Most projects around our house turn into Projects from Hell. This is precisely why condo or loft living is so attractive to me.

We had our event yesterday, for which only 10 people showed up. That was fine with me, given that it was our first one of this kind and we were going through the learning curve. Lots of ideas for the next one, including charging for it (people will be more likely to show up if I've got their credit card number), and not using products to make pretty displays. That's what I had done, and wouldn't you know that one of the products walked out the door with one of our guests. It chaps my ass that you can provide someone with a free lunch, a free goody bag full of really nice samples and free gifts, lots of valuable information in a lovely setting, coupons for free spa services, and that person still feels the need to steal something. Grrrrrr.

Doing a test here: Grammy, when you read this, call me. (And no, Beans, you can't call her and tell her to read this and call me.)

We have our management meeting today, and I've ordered the CEO Tenderloin samich. Mmmm...doesn't that sound good? It's got housemade horseradish dressing and comes with a little pasta side salad and a gourmet turtle brownie dessert. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

But for now, I'm going to get my green tea and dump some of my Ann Arbor honey in it (thank you again, Stef!) and eat my bagel and get to work. Did you know that green tea is chock-full of antioxidants, which help fight free radicals? I learned this recently by reading a book by Dr. Murad, one of the world's leading dermatologists (and one of my newest "professional crushes"). I've heard the term "free radicals" bandied about for years, but had no clue what they were or the damage they could do to your body. Hell, for all I knew, free radicals are unimprisoned extremists. Nope, not quite. Turns out they are little bits of cells that float around your body, looking for other cells they can destroy to get their cell bits to make themselves whole again. Nasty little suckers. You want as few free radicals as possible, which is hard given that your own body creates them and you're also being bombarded by them externally, just through crap in our atmosphere. You combat them with antioxidants...hence my green tea.

And that, my friends, is my little tip of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home