Sunday, July 09, 2006

Agfa B-2 Cadet

Yesterday Papa, Grammy and Beans stopped by. Papa found something when cleaning out Grandma's home that he thought I might like to have: an Agfa B-2 Cadet box camera that was produced in 1937-38. It's pretty darn cool, and will be added to my collection. I found an image of one on the Web:Can't imagine shooting with one of these, but maybe I could try sometime. They still make film that can be used with these types of cameras, and the negative is huge, which is tempting. Although then I'd need to get a film scanner so I could input it into the Mac, and of course it'd need to be a mega film-scanner b/c this isn't 35 mm. That's too much trouble, and too expensive, so I think I'll just stick it up on top of the Digital Darkroom with my other old cameras and admire it for what it is and not what it can make.

Cloyd had surgery yesterday and his doctor confirmed that it is indeed cancer. Yes, I've graduated to actually using the c-word. It is what it is, and denying it doesn't do anyone any good. Peg is flexing her "Connector" muscles (read "The Tipping Point" to learn what a Connector is) and is working to get him into the program at Siteman. I'm all for that, as I believe Siteman is the best place you can be if you have cancer. Won't know the results from his biopsy until Tuesday, so just keep on praying.

Listening to Eiffel 65 right now, which is a funky europop group that I learned about from my friend who is moving to CO. Very cool music, and will always remind me of her.

Not much else going on. Finished "The Tipping Point" and am deciding which book to move on to next from the stack Peg lent me. Or maybe I'll save reading for later and will work on some images. That would be nice, since I haven't posted any images on here for awhile, and am supposed to be. This is supposed to be my forum for posting my work, after all, not just the disparate ramblings of my brain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I shoot film. I let the lab do the scans when they develop my 120mm negatives. Most of the time I don't even have prints made.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home