Saturday, October 30, 2010

Leaf Pile

Why is it that children love piles of leaves?  I remember jumping in huge piles of leaves when I was a kid, and now I laugh as I watch my daughter do it.  I was inside cleaning the house last weekend while M was out cleaning up the yard.  It was gorgeous, and Zoe would much rather be outside than in, so she was there with him, "helping."  I glanced up from my work to see my child race past the family room window with a huge smile on her face.  The second time I saw her do it, I had to find out what was up.

M had created an enormous pile and she was having a blast.  Running and jumping into the pile, and then rolling around in the leaves.  M buried her up to her neck.  I grabbed the camera and headed outside.

Being a rational adult, all I could think of was how leaves aren't really that comfortable, especially when they're brown and scratchy.  I don't think it matters to kids, though.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home