Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Patchwork Quilt


A few years ago, I purchased some interesting gourds when we took Zoe to the pumpkin patch.  Then they sat around for a month while I didn't have time to shoot them.  Then they started looking a little funky so I had to shoot them.  And while they were fun, I got bored pretty quickly and that was that.  I was glad I had spent only $1.50.

This year, I saw all the gourds and thought about buying some again.  And then I figured that if I shot them on the spot, I wouldn't have to buy them, lug them home, wait til they get funky, shoot them, and throw them away.  And I'd also get a wider variety.  So that's what I did.

After post-processing the images, I liked 'em, but not enough as separate images.  I stuck 'em all together and made a pumpkin patchwork quilt, so to speak.  My favorites are the bumpy, knobby ones in the lower left corner.  But ever since I learned the names of the ones in the top right corner, I love them, too.  They're called Turkish Hats.  How fun is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home