Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring I 2009 Term: By the Numbers

Just because I'm curious and like odd factoids (and because I want hard-core proof of the massive amount of work M and I just completed this term), I went through and added up the words I wrote for the two classes just finished: Marketing and Organizational Behavior.

Now, don't think that I sat there and counted each word manually (I'm not that curious)...Word has a nifty feature that counts them for you, and the "new" Word that I'm using puts that number right at the bottom of the screen so you don't even have to go searching for it like in the past. You just open the document and bam, there it is.

These numbers don't include all the postings I made in response to classmates' threads on the discussion boards. There's no tool to automatically count that, and I'm sure not going to do it. Besides, the data is impressive as it stands, without adding the board responses.

Marketing Posts Contributed to the Discussion Boards: 87
Organizational Behavior Posts Contributed to the Discussion Boards: 39
Total Posts: 126

Words written for Marketing Papers and Exams: 30,910
Words written for Organizational Behavior Papers and Exams: 16,772
Total words written: 47,682

Total pages written: roughly 70

And this, my friends, is why I have been remiss in posting to the blog. A girl can write only so much.

We've gotten our grades in Marketing (both A's)(although my A is higher than M's A.)(Just sayin'.) but are waiting to hear about Org Behavior. I'm confident we both earned A's for that, too, but there's always that little bit of doubt until the grade is posted all official-like by the university.

Anyway, if you talk to M, give him a giant congratulations on his marketing A. That A was hard-fought and hard-earned, and he didn't give up throughout the term even though his analytical engineering mind fought the artful bullshit that is marketing every step of the way. I'm just glad the term is over, as I was getting tired of hearing his nightly tirades against all things marketing: "This is such BS! It's ridiculous!" The kicker was when he railed, "Do you know what marketing is? Marketing is like writing for kindergartners." To which I replied, "Uh, thanks." He back-pedaled, of course, but the deed was done. I think he was just jealous of the ease with which I pulled in my 97%. Yeah, let's go with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home