Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Congratulations, Kindergartner!

My little nephew started Kindergarten today. And my little sister bawled her eyes out over it.

I think they both ultimately did fine, but you have to admit it's a huge turning point in your life when you start Kindergarten (or when your baby starts going to school).

Me? I got a few years to go before I face my own meltdown. This morning, though, it was hard to hear my sister's tears over the phone, even though I could hear pride mingled in with them. It was like a little glimpse into what the future holds for me.

She sent me the First Day shots, and I've pulled two to share with you.

He's a cute bugger, ain't he? He'll be knockin' 'em dead on the playground.

Seems like just yesterday I was holding him in my arms, looking down into his beautiful little baby face and thinking, "He's nothing short of a miracle, and I never thought I could love someone so much who I just met." And now he's a big kid, going to school and playing with his friends and learning, learning, learning. I realized that I'll never get to hold his entire body in my arms like that again, but I'll always hold him in my heart.

Congratulations, JoJoBean. Aunt Amy is very proud of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home