Monday, March 12, 2007

Comfy Cushy

Big milestone this weekend: we bought a potty seat.

Sigh.

I feel like we just brought her home from the hospital.

Got an e-mail from BabyCenter a couple weeks ago that says we should put a potty seat out now so Zozo can at least start getting used to it. Maybe sit her on it sometimes, that sort of thing. Apparently at 18 months you start to become aware of your bladder and bowels and that you can control them. Usually.

So we went to Target yesterday and looked at potty seats while Zoe took an entire lot of American Red Cross first aid kits off a low shelf and arranged them on the floor. (Yes, we were good parents and helped her put them back before leaving the aisle.)

The variety of potty seats available amazes me. There was actually one called "The Royal Flush," or something like that, where trumpeting sounds are made when you make a, ahem, deposit. Really now, I do not think I need to teach my child that taking a dump means you ought to be heralded. There is another one that's all about fun, with a large handle that, when pushed, emits loud flushing noises from the toilet, along with music.

After laughing at the deluxe versions of essentially a pot that sits on the floor, we went with a middle-of-the-line model. The Honda Accord of training potties. We chose the Safety 1st Comfy Cushy Potty. Not a whole lot of over-the-top bells and whistles, but gets good gas mileage and has a comfortable ride. That blue ring you see is the "comfy cushy" part. It is quite soft, if I do say so myself. (No, I didn't sit on it. I just pushed on it with my finger.)
We assembled it last night, and I placed it on the floor in the hall bathroom and dissolved into tears.
Do you think if we just don't potty train her, she'll never grow up?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooo....she's still a baybay..sigh...I guess it is about that time! You must let her grow up. Next...you will be sending her off to Kindergarten or Prom or down the isle to get married!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home