Thursday, March 08, 2007

This post is ugly, that's what's ugly

Hmmmm. I got nuthin' today. I've waited until now to post in the hopes that divine inspiration would strike and I'd have something good to post.

But really, it's all pretty boring right now.

Well, except for The Secret, which is still a secret and which, therefore, I cannot comment on.

I keep thinking it's Friday, which sucks because it most certainly is not, and I still have one more day to go before the weekend.

Nothing planned for tonight, unless it's maybe pulling all our tax stuff together. Oooo, fun. Almost as fun as ordering more checks on-line, which is what I did over lunch today. I know, I know, my life is so exciting you can hardly stand reading about it.

I think life must have been pretty inconvenient before the internet. I like being able to review all my account balances online, and transfer funds around and such, and being able to order checks online, and being able to pay bills online. I like that my paycheck gets automatically dumped into my account on payday, because if it were up to me to deposit it, it'd take a couple of weeks or more. If I could only use my personal printer as an ATM, my banking life would be perfect.

Getting cash is really the only reason we have to go to the bank, ever, and even then it's not too often as we simply stick everything on the Discover and then pay it off in full each month (online of course). Essentially, having to go to the bank constitutes a major pain in the rear for us, and I know it wasn't always like that for folks, you know, back in the day before computers and the internet.

I remember when I was a kid and the ATMs first came out and were called "Ugly Tellers." I really didn't get it at the time, and actually it still sounds a bit odd to me. Is it implying that all live people tellers are attractive? Or at least more attractive than machines? Is it calling all machines ugly? Because I gotta tell ya, not all machines are ugly. Take the Corvette for instance. This car is beautiful, and I know this because I rival it for attention from my husband. Not that I'm beautiful. I'm not saying that at all.

Oh jeez. This is precisely how I stick my foot in my mouth on a regular basis. Sigh.

Really, I should just stick to posting images and leave the writing by the wayside. By the by. By the dock of the bay. Bye bye birdie. Bye bye Miss American Pie...

Well, what do you know. I managed to fill a whole post with drivel after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home