Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy (belated) Birthday to Mom/Grandma!

A big shout-out to the MIL today, since yesterday was her birthday! I admit, I was too busy ranting about the goobers at Sears to post a Happy Birthday to her, and for that I am truly sorry.

My MIL is a very special person, and she deserves better than a Sears rant on her birthday. At least she didn't receive a gift from Sears on her birthday. Now that would be bad.

Zozo gave her grandmother some flowers for her birthday, and a couple poopie diapers and some fun with food ("No no, Zoe. We do not throw our food on the floor."). We went to SanSai Japanese Grill for dinner, and it was fantastic. Grandma and Grandpa got shrimp and chicken plates, respectively, and M and I opted, of course, for sushi. Mmmmm. Sushi. Zozo got a child's teriyaki chicken plate, which came with rice and potstickers, and she did pretty well with it, although for some reason she preferred to be fed rather than feeding herself. I think she likes the attention.

At one point, M tried to take over feeding so Grandma could relax and enjoy herself (we were wedged in a booth, which was comfortable but rendered me incapable of helping with Zozo). He had a spoon with rice and chicken on it, and was coaxing her to eat. She looked at him, got the exact same mischievous glint in her eye that he gets, and flipped her hand up under the spoon. Rice and chicken went everywhere, and darned if it didn't look like culinary confetti. It landed all over the place...on her head, her shoulders, her lap, the table, the floor, and even a few pieces on M.

I know at this point I was supposed to be a parental figure and reprimand her, but it was just so gosh darned funny that I couldn't help but laugh. M was not pleased.

All in all, it was a very relaxed, enjoyable evening. I hope my MIL had a good time, since it was her birthday and all, and that's what you're supposed to do on your birthday.

And to cap it all off...it snowed last night. The MIL loves loves loves snow, so I'm happy she got some snow. It took me a bit of negotiating to arrange that, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home