Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Acnedemia

I'm one step closer to posting Magic House images here. I scanned through them, chose the best ones, and tweaked 'em up. I just didn't quite make it around to actually posting them. Blame M. He was whining about wanting to get started on a West Wing episode and you know I can't pass that up.

In the meantime, here's something to ponder.

Why is it, especially when one works at a day spa and everything, that when one gets a pimple, it isn't just a small little dot, but rather a large growth the size of Montana? You know the kind I'm talking about. The kind where you can feel it burrowing up through your skin for days before it makes its appearance, announcing to all the world, "It doesn't matter that you cleanse twice daily, following up with toner and the best moisturizers in the world, including one with SPF for during the day. It doesn't matter that you exfoliate with abandon on a regular basis and schedule facials with top-notch estheticians. It doesn't matter that you watch what you eat and drink 8 glasses of water a day. I will come, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Mwuuaaaahh haaaaa haaaaaa."

I'm going to name mine Julius Caesar, as I can practically hear it saying, "I came. I saw. I conquered half her face."

I swear, it actually has its own pulse.

I think at this point it's actually morphing from acne into a cold sore type of thing, with all the little white bumps and such. How do you fight that?!

Always great when the marketing director for a day spa that specializes in skin care looks like Freddy Kreuger due to the megazit on her chin. I'm so embarrassed and am considering purchasing a burqa to wear until it clears up, which should be around July.

We all kid ourselves, too, that we've done a decent job with the concealer and that surely no one will notice.

But really, it just looks like a bad spackle job, and everyone notices.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Have you met my friend, Julius?"

So, let's make a deal. I won't look at yours, when you get one (and you always get one, usually before a wedding you're in or right before you run into your ex-boyfriend or whathaveyou), if you won't look at mine. If you have to look at it, though, I recommend not making direct eye contact with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home