Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I forgot

I forgot to write yesterday that we spent a few hours at Grammy and Papa's Sunday afternoon, and had a blast. Zozo does her best to work her magic on Grammy, Papa and GG, and I think she does a pretty good job.

We laugh because it appears to us that Papa thinks that Zozo doesn't get enough to drink. He was more worried than anyone about her when she went on her sippy cup strike a few months ago, and I think he's never quite gotten over it. He likes to ask her about a gajillion times if she's thirsty and wants something to drink, then holds the milk up to her. She does her typical Zozo thing when she doesn't want something: throws out her hand and pushes it away. I think she only increases his anxiety when she does that, but he'll eventually figure out that she's fundamentally sound in the liquid consumption department.

It's also fun to watch my mother crawl around on the floor and sing songs, and giggle as much as she gets Zozo to giggle.

And GG...well, I'm not sure what GG has going for her, really, but Zozo cracks up any time she comes near. They're like special friends, those two, and I really do think they relate on a level that belies their generation gap.

So, I forgot to write all that yesterday, in the two minutes I took to post something. Call it a brain fart or whatever, but I forgot to write it. And yes, I heard about it from the parentals last night. So nice to be able to mess up in cyberspace now, instead of just through my daily living. Ha! Stupid $%#&* blog.

(That's a joke there, Mom. No need to call me all upset, really. I am mock grumbling.)

We have a management meeting later today, so chances are I won't get to post anything more past this. And, as you can see, I didn't get around to posting any images last night. That's because I was glued to my TV watching The Departed, which is about the most f'd up movie I've ever seen, but very good. Incredibly suspenseful. I highly recommend it, if you don't mind violence, drug references, or the f-bomb. But if you like Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin, you might want to check it out, if for no other reason than the eye candy.

It's one of those movies where you can't help but think about it after, and for a long time. I watched two episodes of The West Wing just to "cleanse my palette" afterwards, and still went to bed thinking about it. Woke up thinking about it. Have a ton of questions that will never get answered, of course. Aren't those the hallmarks of a great movie? One that grabs you and simply won't let go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home