Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Birthday George!

Sometimes life throws you a curveball, and then laughs its ass off when you whiff.

You know, like it's not enough to have a full-time job, a small child, and a husband with only one arm due to shoulder surgery. Life throws in a head cold to top it all off.

Amy doesn't do well with head colds. Amy turns into a sniffly, sneezing, achy, grouchy, funky, snot-filled, all-I-want-to-do-is-sleep lump when she gets a head cold.

Which is pretty much what Amy did all weekend, in between caring for above-mentioned small child and husband.

Tons of thanks to Grammy and Papa for bringing hamingers and feefies from Village Bar on Saturday. We had fun just hanging out with you guys, even though we were all under the weather, so to speak.

You know what? I think it's very, very weird to be responsible for bathing myself, a child, and a quarter of my husband these days.

But, bathed we all are. And off to our respective jobs. I took M in today, delivering him with his lunchbox and backpack (I mean computer bag), and stern instructions to not overdo anything. I'm here at work, getting ready to buckle down and blow through my task list. Zozo is at her grandma's, her full-time job mainly keeping Grandpa occupied today between her naps. Grandpa's off for President's Day, which reminds me:



Happy Birthday George Washington!


Technically his birthday isn't until this Thursday, but the nation is celebrating today.


A long time ago, my Granny gave me a little plaque with George Washington pictured on it, and this quote: Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience. I love that quote, and the little plaque. It hangs in my computer cabinet where I see it daily.

George Washington is the man, and anyone who begs to differ can kiss my patriotic behind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G.G. said that she's very proud of you! Love ya

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home