Wednesday, October 25, 2006

To My Mocholate, On Our Nine Year Anniversary

What can I say about the past years nine
I’ve been yours and you’ve been mine

We’ve had our ups, we’ve had our downs
We even almost moved out of town

From appendicitis and pars planitis,
To infertility and peri-carditis

We’ve taken “in sickness and in health”
Very, very seriously, if nothing else

Changes in houses, and in careers
We’ve weathered it all, so it appears

Our house is sinking and broken, it’s true
But I’ll live anywhere, as long as I’m with you

Our life was grand, we were good to go
And then the greatest gift, the birth of Zozo

We got new titles: “Mom” and “Dad”
Those first sleepless nights, they weren’t so bad

I love our family, our fine little life
I love being a mom, I love being your wife

So no matter what happens, I’ll always be here
To love and support you, my mission is clear

Thank you for all you give as husband, father, son and friend
You are a man without peer, an uncommon blend

When you decorate our house with Christmas lights
Realize that you are my star, shining ever so bright

I love you, Michael, and always will. Happy Ninth Anniversary, my prince!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have to make me cry when i'm at work? I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful sister, brother-in-law and niece. You guys make an awesome family! I love you all very much. Happy Anniversary!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home