Friday, October 13, 2006

Ramblings

Off-kilter with my schedule today, as I was at our Chesterfield location for a staff meeting bright and early. Of course, to compensate for having to go all the way out there, I treated myself to a mocha from Starbucks. Really, I'll use just about any excuse to stop at Starbucks. "It's such a long drive." "I didn't have time to eat breakfast." "The sun is shining." "Oh look, there's a Starbucks over there." I'm a Starbucks junkie, which I'm not ashamed to admit at all, and which I'm sure you all know by now.

Baseball game stunk last night, but I think we can bounce back just fine. Tonight is huge, though. We have to win. I think momentum is a powerful force, and coming back here tied at one game a piece will be much better than coming back here down two games.

You know what's really freaky? It's really freaky when you're watching a baseball game with your husband, and he makes a certain comment when a play is made, and then like two nanoseconds after he says it, the announcer on TV, who is Joe Buck and therefore no slouch when it comes to commentating on baseball, says exactly the same thing as the husband. Like, word for word. It happens all the time, and gives me the willies. It's like when he scans a grocery cart and predicts the cost, with tax, to within six cents. He's like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman or something.

Everyone at home is doing just fine. Zozo is amazing, as usual. We just have so much fun with her. I knew she would add a new dimension to our lives, but it continually amazes me just how much she's added. Outside of finding M, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. People told me when I was pregnant that there's just no way to describe what being a parent means. That's the truth, so I won't even try.

M seems to be getting over his cold or sinus infection or whatever it was that caused him to blow his nose 900 times a day. He's feeling better, and is raring to go this weekend with working on the Christmas display. Yes, it's that time of year where he scrutinizes the weather forecasts for the weekends and celebrates when good temps and sunny skies are predicted. "Man, I can really crank this weekend!" The boy is just crazy, but that's why I love him.

Not much else going on. Grammy and Papa return in a few days. I can't believe the number of times I've said to myself, "Oh, I'll just give Mom a call..." only to stop and remember that she's out of town. I didn't realize how much I talk to her, or how much I want/need to talk to her. Must be a mother/daughter thing. No, wait, it's a parent/child thing, because I did the same thing to myself when Dad was gone on his Alaskan cruise. It's that whole, you don't realize what you have until it's gone thing. So, in case I don't say it enough, to all my parents, I love you tremendously and I miss you when you're gone.

Okay, time to get back to work. My "smoke break" is done for the time being. Work today promises to be hectic and busy, but good, so I better get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home