Thursday, September 12, 2013

pray

257:365

Some days, when I have to deal with an arrogant bastard (or rather, when I'm on the receiving end of one of his condescending, rude, unprofessional emails) I escape across the way for a few quiet moments. Today I extended mid-day prayer with the monks and stayed by myself, trying to figure out how to respond.

I finally came to the conclusion that there simply is no response. That the best thing is to file it away and let it lie. Which is nearly as infuriating as receiving the damn thing in the first place.

I struggled mightily today. This man makes it hard to stay on the high road, when I am so tempted to march into his office and simply ask, "What the f*ck is wrong with you?"

Then "Forgiveness" by Matthew West came on the radio and it was like a weight had been lifted. Powerful stuff, that song. Just incredible. Google it if you don't know it, or even just read the lyrics.

Then tonight, a photography contact on Facebook posted these words:

Forgiveness doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart.

Yup.

Pretty sure God answered my prayers by sending me those two things, 'cause I feel much better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home