Wednesday, September 11, 2013

brownie

256:365

Success! The day was awesome. Way better than expected.

I'm not saying I didn't run around like a chicken with its head cut off, because I surely did. But I was also able to enjoy it. All of it. That was the surprising part.

Turns out planning ahead works. Who knew?!

Zozo was so proud to wear her new sash today, and I was so proud of her. The girls, by and large, did great. That they're maturing is clear. We had a great meeting, and agreed that we weren't nearly as exhausted after this one as last year's meetings. I think we're going to have a good year.

I ran (literally ran) from cleaning up the Girl Scout meeting to deliver the pugg goals and balls for soccer practice. I got Zo going and came home to unload the car and get ready for dinner.

Which is when I found the fang on the floor.

Yeah, you read that right. A fang. One of the cats lost a tooth. I checked Max first and sure enough he's now dentally lopsided. A quick google search shows two options:

1. He's gravely ill and I should rush him to the vet and spend hundreds of dollars on blood tests and dental work.

2. He's an old cat and old cats lose teeth. Indoor cats don't need fangs, for obvious reasons, so as long as he's eating and drinking, behaving normally, and shows no sign of discomfort, he's fine.

His gums look healthy and he chowed on food tonight right before getting a case of the zoomies and then camping on my lap and purring.

So I'm going with Option 2.

It was a good day. But I sure am glad it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home