Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I am not Chuck

The problem with getting a company-issued Blackberry is that you assume all the calls, IMs and text messages meant for the person who used the Blackberry before you.  Especially if that person worked at your company for a gajillion years and used that phone for everything.  Everything in his entire life, professional and personal.

Such is the case with my company-issued Blackberry.  I am now relegated to being a facsimile of Chuck, the dude who had the number before me.  Chuck, apparently, lived his life through his Blackberry.  I answer the phone, "This is Amy," and I get asked for Chuck.  I get text messages for him.  I get voicemails for him, even though the outgoing message states that I'm Amy, and not Chuck.

Apparently Chuck's friends are all idiots, and apparently not close friends since they don't know that Chuck hasn't had this number for six freakin' months.  Chuck's friends also apparently think that Chuck is so busy that he now warrants his own personal assistant, who has taken over fielding his messages, as evidenced by the voicemail I received today.  Despite my outgoing message, the person said, "Uh, yeah, this is Jim.  I'm lookin' for Chuck.  Have him give me a call."  Um. No.  I don't even know Chuck.  I've never met Chuck.  And at this point, Chuck better hope I don't meet him.

A text message from this weekend: Missouri river jugging for catfish tomorrow very early morning text me if for more info if intrested in getting drunk on the river and fishing

That was verbatim, errors and all.

I'm learning what kind of person Chuck is, just by inheriting his phone.  It's not pretty.  I'm quite glad, at this point, that I am not Chuck.  I just wish his friends would stop calling me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucrecer said...

This post absolutely made me laugh. I can not imagine learning more than you want about a person by what is on their phone. Scary!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home