Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blue skies smilin' at me

OMG it's the sun.  And blue skies.  I'm not quite sure how to process good weather.

It's really amping up my photo mojo and there's not a darn thing I can do about it, seeing as how this is not a weekend and therefore I am at work with nary a camera or a photo op in sight.

Match that with listening to Lady Gaga on the way in (Hello hello baby you called I can't hear a thing...I have got no service in the club ya see see...what what whaaaaat did you say aw you're breakin' up on me...sorry I cannot hear you I'm kinda busy) and a mocha and I've got ants in my pants.  SO want to go out shooting today.  Sigh.

On another note, it seems my dealer has unfortunately gotten smart.er.  Smarter.  We're heading into warmer months where I don't drink as much coffee.  At least not hot coffee.  For Starbucks, this means they lose one of the customers that buys enough to actually own her own store by now.  I loyally return in the fall, but for summer, I'm quite truant.  I tried their frappuccinos once or twice but gave them up after learning that the drink comes pre-mixed and allowed for no modifications.

Those of you who know me realize that I am the queen of coffee drink mods.  It's impossible for me to drink coffee, black.  I have to have cream and sugar at the least, and preferably a healthy dose of chocolate.  If drinking a Starbucks treat, I attempt some semblance at healthiness by asking for skim milk and skipping the whip cream.  Because, you know, that totally makes up for the chocolate.  Top that with the intervention my colleagues had about 10 years ago where I was sat down and instructed to immediately switch to decaf because my morning perkiness is annoying enough at regular, non-caffeinated levels and you arrive at my convoluted Starbucks order.

Since they were pre-mixed, frappuccinos couldn't be customized.  Which means at the very least, someone's gonna be scraping me off the ceiling by 9 a.m. due to the caffeine intake.  So, alas, no fraps for me.  Because I couldn't partake of the cool deliciousness without dire consequences I became a 3-season Starbucks junkie instead of a year-round coffeeholic.

Until now.  The fine folks at Starbucks figured this out, apparently, and I was handed a little flyer by the barista today.  "New!" it screamed.  It had a frappuccino pictured and some goofy little drawings in the ubiquitous Starbucks green.  Upon reading it, I learned that Starbucks frappuccinos are now completely customizable just like their hot coffee drinks.  I can get a decaf grande nonfat no-whip frappuccino instead of a mocha.  Bliss.

(This is where M throws his hands heavenward and screams, "Why, God?  Why?")

As a famous squirrel once said, it's marketing trickery. Tricky b*stards.  F*ckin' tricky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home