Monday, April 05, 2010

First Day

I would love to take the time to post gobs and gobs here how fantastically wonderful my first day at my new job was, but I'm too busy snarfling some food so I can book it down to the Pageant to see Train and celebrate my unbelievably awesome first day with my unbelievably awesome friends.

I'm completely exhausted, but in that refreshing sort of way that means the universe is saying, "You done good, kid."

Things discussed/learned today:
  • Distribution channels
  • It really takes virtually no time at all to pass up the office, swing through the Starbucks, and still get to work on time
  • How I am apparently a horrible cat owner and therefore my cats are stressed and need the products I am now responsible for marketing
  • More than I ever wanted to know about cat and dog pheromones (go ahead, ask me anything)
  • How to use my new e-mail system, phone system, and shared network
  • My new colleagues are a fun bunch of people, as evidenced by the ops director asking me, "Here's your key to get into the building...do ya want the Mizzou one or the Cardinals one?"
  • Elin Woods should have used an iron on Tiger, not a wood (wood shafts are much weaker than irons...duh)
  • Jesse James is an idiot (proclaimed by the two men I lunched with, and seconded by moi)
  • One of our products that was developed to eliminate odor and stains from cat spraying and dog messes also works wonders when your kid vomits in the car (as evidenced in person by our on-staff veterinarian and his 2-year-old son)
  • I am already scheduled for several meetings and am in the process of being sent out of town for an overnighter to do client visits with a seasoned territory manager, so it's a good thing my new business cards were on my desk and waiting for me when I arrived this morning
  • My boss must immediately change the station every time Lady Gaga's Bad Romance comes on, just because he can't stand the intro (I won't hold it against him)
  • Go Butler!
And with that, I'm off to the Pageant.

La!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ping said...

Congrats on making it through your first day. It sounds like you are going to find a new and happy home there. It's about time! I'm so glad you had the guts to make such a big change in your life. Goodness always triumphs over evil. HoPING your first week is as good as your first day.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Natalie Mikolajczak said...

Sounds like a pretty cool first day to me. Congratulations on having the courage to make a change.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home