Sunday, April 04, 2010

Mood: Anxiety

Starting new job tomorrow.

Am nervous.

Feel like puking.

Wondering why the hell I ever agreed to go to the Train concert a month and a half ago when it happens to fall on the night of the first day of my new job. Should have sold ticket to someone else.

Snapping at M for no particular reason.

Doubting myself, and my abilities.

Wondering if I should have just stayed in my soul-sucking cesspool of a job. Always much easier to fight the devil you know, right?

Asking myself stupid questions. Do I take a lunch tomorrow, or just assume that my new boss will take me out? How soon can I bring framed photographs of my daughter for my new desk? What's a good outfit to wear on my first day?

Berating myself for not getting more done in the time I've had off.

Wondering if the fever blister that popped up Friday will be virtually unnoticeable tomorrow. Well, hoping more than wondering.

My darkroom is a mess and I don't feel like tackling it right now. Even though the mess is driving me absolutely batty.

Telling myself, "Hey, look, you're ready to go." and then trying to believe it by listing in my brain why I'm ready to go. Laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away. Dishwasher is empty. Fridge is cleaned out. Trash is at the curb. Litter box scooped. Easter stuff put away. Dining room painted. Three closets cleaned out. Household finances up-to-date and organized. Shots from Florida and Chicago trips edited and posted. Easter shots await. Some freelance work done, invoiced and paid. More freelance work awaits. Tax info with tax lady for preparation. Gifts and cards bought and wrapped for the month of April.

Considering whether any or all of the shitty things my former boss said about me are true, and how will I make it in a "real" job that doesn't involve an abusive familial benefactor.

Sigh.

Starting new job tomorrow.

Am nervous.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amy Grzina said...

I wonder if Feliway works for humans? Ok, just kidding. You'll do GREAT in your new job. Of course you're nervous. I can't wait to read your next post to see how fabulous your first day was.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Natalie Mikolajczak said...

Can't wait to hear how the first day went. Superbly, I'm sure.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home