Sunday, March 07, 2010

Love

Whirlwind of activity...virtually nonstop since arriving home. It's amazing how two days of near comatose inactivity in a car can be just as exhausting as rushing to and fro once arriving, but it's all adding up to a big dose of tired. Top that with a sniffly husband and a preschooler who is downright sick (temp of 103.9 under the arm which means you have to add a full degree making it 104.9 making me worried as hell and calling the exchange) and waking up every 45 minutes which means none of us gets any sleep...it all feels like too much.

Only, the weird thing is, it isn't. It's not too much. Because of one thing.

Love.

Love, you know, is the most powerful force in the whole wide world. Or the galaxy. Or the universe. It's, you know, big. And it means that you can keep going, and keep doing, and keep loving, no matter what.

I'm experiencing things I've never experienced before, which is always good even when it's not fun. I'm learning how many decisions are required to plan a funeral (a lot). I'm learning how many people should participate in the layout and design of a funeral mass program (not a lot). I'm learning how, even in a difficult situation, the right people can come together (that love thing again) and make it okay. I'm even learning how to pre-flight a layout in InDesign so the printer can take all the lovely little files and produce something that looks generally like you want it. I'm learning that the aforementioned sniffly husband blames it all on a small headcold but, when I sneak looks at him across the darkroom while he's working on thoughts for his grandmother's funeral, I notice he's wiping his eyes more than his nose. Which both breaks my heart for his grief and makes me love him even more.

So, this week, I'm keeping love in the forefront of my mind. Join me, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home