Monday, June 29, 2009

New Zozer Art



New Zoe Art!

When Zoe pulled the above out of her cubby (covey, as she calls it) at school this morning, I told her I was going to bring it to work. She instructed me that I could take it to work today, but then I had to bring it home and hang it in the kitchen so Daddy could see it, too. Yes, ma'am.

I further avoided my econ mid-term last night by organizing my bill folder, the last six months' receipts, and all the rest of my paperwork.

I know to some of you this is akin to choosing between going to the dentist for a root canal and water torture, but for me...well...it wasn't a tough choice.

When most of my life is in an uproar (which it mostly seems to be these days, what with mid-terms, regular homework, lots going on at work, the King of Pop passing away unexpectedly...), it feels good to get at least one small part of it under control. I am master of the paperwork at my house! (At least for a week or so.)

The really sick thing is that I fully plan to celebrate graduating by cleaning out the storage room in our basement, which I cannot tackle until then as it's an absolutely mammoth task. My goal: eliminate everything that is not absolutely essential. Essential to what, you ask? Basic daily living, and our happiness. The above artwork: essential to happiness. Christmas decorations we inherited with our house that we've never used? Not essential! Oooo...the possibilities are endless - I just may rent a big ol' giant dumpster! How much fun would that be?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks! Look at all of those primary colors!!! Now THAT is worth blowing up and framing!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home