Friday, June 19, 2009

Lost

We have so many responsibilities in our classes this term that I'm feeling rather lost. For instance, this week, in Business Law alone, we had to read five chapters and write up five case briefings (one for each chapter, natch). Plus the two discussion board posts, and commenting on others' posts. Managerial Economics was two chapters, five case assignments, and the 3-5 page weekly paper. Don't forget to tack on the damn discussion board requirement for that class, too. Bastards.

Last night we were both so burned out from typing that we took a night off and read ahead in our textbooks. If you can call that a night off. Tonight we launched into the Business Law briefings.

I just hit the point where I couldn't remember what I had completed in Managerial Economics for the week and started panicking that we hadn't started the case assignments yet. I had to check while simultaneously wondering if we had a paper bag in the house into which I could breathe to stave off the pending hyperventilation. The assignments are there. Safely tucked away in the Week 3 folder. Whew.

But it was an indication to me that we're just so completely buried this term. We're working our asses off to get ahead, and we're barely staying caught up. I feel like I'm running as fast as I can and am going nowhere.

On a funny note, M and I have been instant messaging throughout the course of the evening. He's working downstairs in the study lair and I'm up in the darkroom. He thinks I type too loud. I think his ears are too sensitive. We agree to disagree and have retreated to our separate corners to type in solitude.

So anyway, we've been sending IMs because we're too lazy to get off our butts and walk up/downstairs and say, "What do you think about that case? Pretty jacked up, huh?" We're both running on empty right now, it being after 11 on Friday night and we've been pounding away since 7:35 with no breaks. We're keeping pretty good pace with each other, although I creep ahead because we're writing (and everyone knows who the writer is in this house, versus who is the human calculator). We got to this case:

Anthony promised to pay McCarthy $10,000 if McCarthy would expose Washington as a Communist to the general public. Washington is not a Communist, but McCarthy convinces the media to publish reports that he is. McCarthy now seeks payment of the promised $10,000 from Anthony, and Anthony refuses to pay. McCarthy is suing Anthony on the grounds of breach of contract. Will he prevail?

This was M's take, via IM (slightly modified for my younger readers)(not that I have any)(that I know of):

m (10:29:37 PM): f*** anthony

m (10:29:41 PM): f*** mccarthy

m (10:29:47 PM): f*** washington

m (10:29:50 PM): who gives a crap

a (10:29:53 PM): you are KILLING me

a (10:30:00 PM): i'm totally laughing

a (10:30:11 PM): f*** washington sent me over the edge - WTF - he's innocent!!!

a (10:30:13 PM): poor washington

m (10:30:34 PM): nope

m (10:30:45 PM): my analysis said to STRING HIM UP TOO

I'm saving this for his supreme court justice confirmation hearings. Sotomayor has nuthin' on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home