Monday, June 22, 2009

You may call me "Esquire"

Today we received some grades in both of our classes. Managerial Econ was okay - I'd have preferred my marks to be higher, but I recognize that he's a tough prof (which is a nice way of saying, "Thanks for being totally subjective in your grading, asshole") and I'm reasonably happy with what I received. I'm still riding on an A, so I'll take it.

My law marks, though...yeah! I kicked ass on the Week 2 cases. 4.0 out of 4.0. And that's not even the best part. Each week after grading, the prof sends out a rubric for that week, or sample case analyses he thinks serves as good examples to the rest of the class. He has said that he uses a mix of current and past student submissions. This week, all three of my cases made it to the rubric...first example given for each case. Wahoooo!

This is both good and bad. Good in that it's affirming to know I grasp the material and can communicate it effectively. Bad in that it's tripping that internal trigger that thinks law school would be pretty cool. Although that part of me is being beaten with a blunt object by the other part of me that's so sick of doing homework every night I could vomit.

It's the internal struggle that's the hardest, ain't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home