Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sold!

Sold my first Yosemite print today, to the colleague mentioned in a prior post. She purchased a 20x24 black and white print of El Cap and a waterfall for her dad for Father's Day. She said he really appreciates fine art photography, and is thrilled to get him an "original" print by a local artist. I'm thrilled that one of my prints will be hanging in someone's house who doesn't even know me. My customer said she had trouble choosing just one photograph, and will be purchasing more for Christmas, his birthday, etc. She's also got one picked out for herself. Yay!

I took the file on a jump drive to Schiller's when they first opened this morning. Had to return a half hour later because somehow the file was corrupted during transfer and had a line running horizontally through the image. That will never do. Second file was fine, and the printer at Schiller's pulled an absolutely gorgeous print. When I removed it from the tube for inspection before paying this afternoon, I drew a little crowd around the counter. Lots of compliments, which made me very happy and somewhat embarrassed. I'm still not used to handling compliments for my work.

I could get used to it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home