Saturday, June 27, 2009

Arches in Albuquerque

We took a break from the econ mid-term today and instead read five chapters (3 in law, 2 in econ). It's really, really sad when I consider reading five grad school textbook chapters a break.

However, something different was in order, as we busted our asses on that stupid test for two nights running and last night culminated in my literally crying myself to sleep over a problem that, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do.

The light of day brought logic and reason (who cries over a stupid test?!), and the reality that 1.) doing poorly on one problem on one test will not be my absolute ruin and 2.) trying to reason out abstract managerial economics problems after a full day of work and several hours of the same is not likely to lead to much success, no matter how smart one is.

So tonight here I sit, some lovely jazz playing on the Mac, and some images from our vacation playing in Photoshop. Life is much better than it was a mere 24 hours ago.

Granted, the test still isn't finished, but I'm okay with that. We're still pretty far in front of the deadline and dammit, it can wait. Photography calls...and that's never made me cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home