Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I used to like pink...

Got a call from Ms. Diane, the nurse at Zozer's school, right before lunch today. "Her bottom eye lids are red and the inside corners are oozing green stuff. We think it might be pink eye. We're going to monitor it, but we wanted to let you know because someone may have to come get her."

Shortly before 4, my cell rang again. As soon as I saw the number I started shutting down the laptop and throwing stuff in my bag. Called the ped while doing 80 to get her (of course I was at one of our other locations today, not the one right up the road from her school) and they called in a script for her. Highly contagious, can't go to school, yada yada yada.

When I got to the health office and saw our little girl, my heart shattered. I felt like crying...her eyes were all crusty and weepy and swollen. As soon as she saw me, though, she flashed her cute little Zozer smile. She was so excited to tell me all about her field trip to the Magic House this morning. The pink eye, while looking sad and disgusting, isn't affecting her personality at all, thankfully.

At dinner she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I can't see very well." Her eyes had filled up with gunk again. I cleaned her up while the fragments of my heart broke into even smaller pieces.

I really do believe that it's harder on the parent when a child is sick. I'd take her pink eyes with the green goop in a heartbeat if it spared her, that's for darn sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home