Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Smartly balanced

"Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are."
-Julius Charles Hare and Augustus William Hare, Guesses at Truth (1827)

Okay, so that's pretty cool.

I think one of the hardest things in the world to do is look at yourself honestly and say, "This is who I am. This is me." And then the second hardest thing is to say, "And I'm okay with that."

Well, for most women probably the hardest thing to do would be to stand stark naked in front of a mirror and really look, but for today I'm ignoring the physical body (as I am often wont to do) and focusing on the internal stuff.

I have license to do this because I'm taking Organizational Behavior, which is concentrating right now on individual behavior. Kinda gotta know how people tick before you can put all the people puzzle pieces together to figure out how the organization ticks.

We're doing all these little self-analyses quizzes and stuff, which is actually very timely because at work we're trying to hire two members of our management team and we're assessing the efficacy of our hiring tests. You can drive yourself crazy trying to analyze everything. It could mean this...or it could mean that... At a certain point you have to just ignore the tests and go with gut.

Although my testing shows that I'm a balanced person (whatever that means) with decent intelligence. Okay. I can go with that.

I mean, I'd rather be balanced with super crazy high levels of intelligence, but one can't have everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home