Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Back to the grind

We've now returned to what has become the normal routine for us. Sleep, eat, work, play with Zozer and study. As we were starting classes this term, I thought that it's much like taking a deep breath before going under water for an extended period of time. When we're in class, everything else sort of fuzzes out to a murky haze that's just out of reach. No time for anything but the bare, basic necessities to get through life.

Which is not an optimal way to live, but, at this point, it's simply what is required.

We're toying with the idea of doubling up more terms and trying to graduate this year. Which sounds like sheer insanity at this point, but, then again, so does another year and a half of this sort of lifestyle.

The silver lining this term is that, at least from what I can see now, there is no math whatsoever involved. You have no idea how much this pleases me.

I realize that math is quite necessary in the world. I get that. I just don't like to, you know, actually do it. I like to think I'm smart enough to know it's not my strong suit, and that I can always hire (or marry) someone to do it for me. Pretty much the most math I want to do in my life is balance the checkbook. I'm good with that. To the penny every month as a matter of fact. Then I don't need to do it again for another month. I like the fact that my calculator just has basic calculating functions (+_*/). Don't need anything more than that. M's calculator looks like you could design the next space station on it, plus it'll whip up a smoothie while it's calculating.

Come to think of it, I like me a nice smoothie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home