Monday, December 29, 2008

Agenda: nothing

On the way home from work tonight, after picking up Zozer from school, my mind wandered to the probable events of the evening. We'd most likely play with some of Zozer's new toys in the library, maybe read a book or two. Dinner. Pick up the toys. Watch the lights, and then put her down for the night. And then...

My head nearly exploded with sheer joy over the realization that, come 7:30 p.m., M and I would have virtually no obligations whatsoever. None. Zip. Nada. Big goose-egg. We could surf the 'Net. We could read. We could watch a movie. We could fall asleep watching a movie. We could skip the damn movie and be asleep, in bed, by 7:35. Which, trust me, these days sounds pretty blissful.

I thought to myself, "This must be what it will feel like after graduation...all the damn time." I couldn't even get my brain to fully wrap around the concept of "spare time." I just know that it sounds good and I like it.

I've spent the last hour catching up on my favorite sites (mostly photography related), and I think I'm about done for the evening. May pop in the American Photography DVD and fall asleep on the couch. Fell asleep to the Paul Strand DVD last night before rousing myself for an hour or two of Photoshop time on the Mac. I could totally get used to this kind of lifestyle.

(P.S. We found out we got A's in Management Accounting today. The trend of marital ultra-nerdiness continues!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home