Monday, December 22, 2008

That 70s Aim

Came in this morning to a drive-by photographing.

Every once in awhile my aunt cleans out her house and stumbles across old photographs. She gets a charge out of them and, like they're not embarrassing enough being passed around family members, she brings them in to share with the office. This is one of the few downsides to working with family.

When I got to work this morning I did my usual routine of wheeling my bag behind my desk and pulling out the laptop to start booting before I even take off my coat. I like to maximize time, so starting the laptop on its daily boot-up tasks allows me time to hang my coat and get situated instead of sitting there staring at the Windows start-up screen.

Anyway, as I was swinging the laptop around to place it on my desk, I caught something out of the corner of my eye. It was a new picture of Zoe that someone placed against one of my framed images of her. I started the laptop and turned back to look.

It wasn't Zoe...it was me. Apparently Auntie has been cleaning again...I got an image and my other aunt got one, too. Hers was from '77 and is pretty fun.

Given that I've posted images from M's childhood here, I feel it's only fair to offer myself up to the masses as well. All I can say about this is, "Jeez, Ma, what's up with those shoes?"


Funny, I still don't know
how to smile decently for the camera.
There's a reason I'm a photographer...
get to stay
behind the lens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home