Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Feed me

I am so hungry. Starving, really. This despite having a nice bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, a few cups of coffee, and a "breakfast cookie" made by my aunt.

It's 9:30, and I could chew my own arm off.

And what the hell is a "breakfast cookie," anyway? I'm pretty sure it's just a cookie, with some wheat germ-stuff or oats or whatever thrown in to make it more granola-like. You can't just tack an adjective on the front of something to make it okay to eat cookies for breakfast. As a parent, I know this. But since my kid isn't here, I'm making exceptions.

She brought them in for the whole office and said, "It'd be healthy if it weren't for the butter, sugar and brown sugar."

I snarfled mine. It was good. And healthy because of the fiber. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

So here I am, working away while my brain is chanting, "I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm hungry." Which is ridiculous, really, given that I've already eaten a perfectly lovely breakfast and dessert.

And yet, a bagel from Bread Co. or even a giant egg McMuffin from McDonald's sounds so, so good.

It's gonna be a long day if I'm already craving junk food. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home